1. Man was created to see things from God’s perspective. God-like thinking was necessary for the dominion management Creator God gave to man. (Gen. 2:15)
2. People do what they do because they believe what they believe. (Prov. 23:7; Mark 7:6-23) The source of destructive consequent behavior is our belief system.
3. Jesus established the Belief Therapy system in the book of Matthew chapters 5, 6& 7, when He said, “You have heard it said ….. but I say unto you.” He exposed a lie, half-truth or godless tradition and replaced it with the truth.
4. A lie is as powerful as the truth if you believe it. A person is made free from the bondage of a lie when he/she replaces the lie with the truth. (John 8:31-36)
5. Man is a sinner by nature, by choice and by practice. Eve chose to believe Satan’s lie. (Gen. 3:1-13; Romans 3:23)
6. God is always right. When human viewpoint is in conflict with Divine viewpoint, God is always right. The Bible is Belief Therapy’s body of truth. (Isa. 55: 7-9; 2 Peter 1:3)
7. Belief is the most powerful healing value known to man. (Luke 18:27)
8. The mind is the battlefield. (Rom. 12:1-2)
9. Positional truth is the fundamental principle essential to a constructive, healthy and godly personal identity. A healthy self-concept of who we are “in Christ” is necessary for a healthy self-worth concept. Positional Identity Disorder, trying to become who you already are, is the Christian’s most common disorder. (Col. 2:9; Col. 3:1-4; Romans 6)
10. All addiction is identified in the Bible as bondage. (Rom. 1:21-23; Rom. 6:14-18)
11. Life-controlling problems have a spiritual root regardless of a possible organic disorder. (John 9:1-7)
12. In the presence of cognitive dissonance, a person must perform an emotional by-pass procedure and act upon the truth whether he/she feel like it or not. (James 1:8)